7.02.2006

can you tell me how to get... how to get to sesame street?


another lazy sunday that never was lazy in my opinion. i woke up at 9 in the morning after only 4 hours of sleep. i never really had any concrete plans for this day except for hannie and i to hear mass on a church we've never been to before which is a 45 minute drive from home. the 45 minutes became an hour and a half no thanks to my penchant for being lost on the interstate. needless to say we never arrived in time for the mass. but we had fun anyway.

after the whole getting lost on the way to church thing, we decided to go to sesame place where some of the guys we know are spending their weekend. so off to sesame place we go.


sunny day sweepin' the clouds away

on my way to where the air is sweet



can you tell me how to get

how to get to sesame street ?

come and play, everything's a-okay

friendly neighbors there, that's where we meet

can you tell me how to get

how to get to sesame street?


going to this place made me reminisce on my sesame street watching days. although i'm more of a batibot kid when i was in grade one, i also had my dose of sesame street on some mornings. although most kids are a fan of elmo nowadays, i still like the more vintage characters like grover, the count, the fat blue guy, big bird (how phallic!), oscar the grouch (who is only 10% grouchier than me), guy smiley and of course ernie and bert (who were rumored to be homosexuals...gasp!).

it was all good. i never did a lot of driving than i did on this entire day. now i'm all exhausted and ready to drift off to la la land. i wouldn't be surprised if someone hears me sing "c is for cookie...that's good enough for me..." in my sleep. until the next post.

>>> o <<<

this post is brought to you by the letters F, U and N and the number 1.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

promise ner you'll take me to sesame street?

nerie said...

ay oo...pramis!