so any suggestions on a good excuse for calling out sick? i will definitely need one.
number 1: you are not my favorite person at the moment.
number 2: i am trying my best not to say something bad about you out of my really, really straightforward mouth.
number 3: you are hitching a ride and your precious life is at the mercy of my driving skills.
good thing i love cuervo so much that i would rather see "pseudofriends" unscathed than give him multiple dents on his macho body.
it used to be that "makulit" is a cute thing to be. well it has lost it's novelty for me. word of advice: do not mess with me when you're not ready for the consequences because the bitch in me might just be a little too keen to resurface.
10. you start making crank calls from the phone in the operating room.
9. you figure out how to reprogram the new ekg monitor and set a new world record score for pong.
8. using discarded glove wrappers and saline bottles, you have created a mixed media replica of the eiffel tower.
7. you page a medical student intern to the OR STAT and tell her you need her to get a hamburger and fries for each member of the surgical team.
6. you vow that you will smash the cd player with a traction weight if you have to listen to the surgeon's favorite cd one more time.
5. you have a paper airplane war with anesthesia, using parts of the old chart.
4. suddenly, anesthesia's jokes are actually funny.
3. you turn the thermostat up to 80 degrees just to see if it will get the surgeon to operate any faster.
2. you invent a new game called "specimen, specimen, who's got the specimen?"
1. you come up with a humor list called "Top Ten Signs That This Surgery is Taking Too Long..."
- i miss my post board volunteer days with 6 strangers that i eventually ended up to be good friends up until now.
- i miss those times we (the girls) fought over who gets to scrub in on dr. angala's cases, just because dr. angala is so good looking behind those green consultant's mask.
- i miss the smell of burnt flesh everytime the surgeon is cauterizing bleeders and tissues.
- i miss seeing internal body parts, the peristaltic movements of the stomach and the intestines, the beating of a heart inside a rib cage, mangled omentums, amputated limbs, broken bones being put together again, kidneys, spleens, uterus, name it. now i am officially a gross person.
- i miss playing the game "i've got the better cautery machine than the bitchy nurse!" because i work in a government hospital, we have to make do with hospital equipment that suck and most of the time nurses try to compete on who gets to have first dibs on the better working equipment, but it's fun anyway.
- i miss the hemostats, the allises, the babcocks, mixters, scalpels, army navys, deavers, richardsons, rib spreaders, heanys, bulldogs, metz and mayo, t and ts, periosteal elevators, burrs and a partridge in a pear tree.
- i miss those days when we would request for anesthesia not to schedule a case every 5 o'clock or was it 5:30 pm because we wanted to catch meteor garden on tv. dao ming su!!!!
- i miss bossing the anesthesiologists to get their sleepy butts up because a stat gsw is being wheeled in.
- i miss counting the sponges, instruments and needles.
- i miss folding those damn operating sponges during downtimes.
- i miss the effects of inhaling too much nitrous...ha ha ha adik!
- i miss setting up my cd player before scrubbing in for a really long case.
- i miss the feeling at the end of a case where the surgeon is suturing up and i'm thinking "i can finally have lunch at 3 pm."
- i miss working with our surgeons back then.
in short.....i miss being in my element.
the first movie i watched was sex and lucia (lucia y el sexo) and oh my freakin god! paz vega was hot! hot! hot! it was a movie about a waitress (lucia) who got involved with a writer (lorenzo) who had a one night stand with a woman (belen) in an island on his birthday which resulted to a cute girl named luna (hingal!). of course there are more characters and most of them are connected to each other in some weird way and the hard part of watching this movie was not knowing if what's happening is part of lorenzo's novel or in fact a reality but that's what makes this film appealing.
now let's go korean with the film il mare. everybody knows that this is the film where they based the just released movie the lake house which stars sandra bullock and keanu reeves. i haven't really seen the lake house yet and i'm not sure if it still on the theaters as i type, but i sure hope to god that they didn't ruin the movie. i loved the fact that ji-hyun jun was not her usual my sassy girl self, it was so refreshing to see her in a sensitive non-astig role. speaking of my sassy girl, let me just post the "ten rules" which was my favorite part of the movie.
anyway here's what ang lee has to say about his film:
"Everything is much different in Eat Drink Man Woman than the other films I've made. It has a bigger cast and a lot more complex story line... I started thinking about families and how they communicate. Sometimes the things children need to hear most are often the things that parents find hardest to say, and vice versa. When that happens, we resort to ritual. For the Chu family, the ritual is the Sunday dinner... At each dinner the family comes together and then something happens that pushes them farther apart."
here's hoping that he makes more movies, especially after his infamous and well acclaimed brokeback mountain.
"There are three things a person can't hide... coughing, poverty and love. The harder one tries to hide them, the more they rise to the surface."
"We're tormented because love goes on... not because it goes away.
waaaaaah! i wanna bawl my eyes over these quotes. tell me, why did i have to watch that movie again?
another lazy sunday that never was lazy in my opinion. i woke up at 9 in the morning after only 4 hours of sleep. i never really had any concrete plans for this day except for hannie and i to hear mass on a church we've never been to before which is a 45 minute drive from home. the 45 minutes became an hour and a half no thanks to my penchant for being lost on the interstate. needless to say we never arrived in time for the mass. but we had fun anyway.
after the whole getting lost on the way to church thing, we decided to go to sesame place where some of the guys we know are spending their weekend. so off to sesame place we go.
on my way to where the air is sweet
how to get to sesame street ?
friendly neighbors there, that's where we meet
how to get to sesame street?
going to this place made me reminisce on my sesame street watching days. although i'm more of a batibot kid when i was in grade one, i also had my dose of sesame street on some mornings. although most kids are a fan of elmo nowadays, i still like the more vintage characters like grover, the count, the fat blue guy, big bird (how phallic!), oscar the grouch (who is only 10% grouchier than me), guy smiley and of course ernie and bert (who were rumored to be homosexuals...gasp!).
it was all good. i never did a lot of driving than i did on this entire day. now i'm all exhausted and ready to drift off to la la land. i wouldn't be surprised if someone hears me sing "c is for cookie...that's good enough for me..." in my sleep. until the next post.
>>> o <<<
this post is brought to you by the letters F, U and N and the number 1.