1.20.2006

i got ticketed!

so what do i do on my second out of the three days off that i got? well get a freaking parking ticket of course!

i went to the bank this morning with my housemates jade and joyce to have some dollar bills changed into quarters for that household chore we couldn't get away from that we call the laundry. i parked on the side street beside the bank and completely ignored the parking meter on the right side of my truck as i made my way to the atm machine. i knew i should've used more braincells at that moment because when i came back from the bank with two rolls of quarters in my hand, there underneath the windshield wipers is a crisp yellow parking ticket reminding me of my stupidity. dammit! there goes my 18 bucks faster than i can say kaching!

so what have i been up to lately? i've been on a reading spree the last week. i was able to finish reading memoirs of a geisha before i went to the mall to catch it's film version and have finished terry mcmillan's how stella got her groove back which ultimately got me out of the foul winter mood i'm in these days. i have also been calling travel agencies for plane ticket prices because apparently i am going back home in march! so after a weeks of wheeling and dealing with travel agents it's gonna be singapore airlines for me baby!

another thing that's keeping me up all night when i am not up all night because of work is the new sims university expansion pack that i've installed in my laptop. it kinda revived my addiction to the sims 2. it's fun because my sims get to write term papers or better yet influence someone to write term papers for them, choose majors, apply for fraternities and sorrorities, choose to live alone or live in a crazy dorm, schmooze with professors and recite these funny sounding school cheers.

can you tell how i easily get bored these days? i've finished watching the season 4 dvd of friends last night, i watched charlie and the chocolate factory, christmas with the kranks and some hilary duff movie all in one sitting the other day courtesy of my friend's netflix subscription. she was supposed to get million dollar baby and some other dvd's today but when i went to get it out of the mailbox, the mailbox was empty and a note said that all our mails are in the apartment building's office probably because we got a shitload of junk mails that wouldn't fit into their tiny mailboxes. so i am left with nothing to watch tonight except for maybe reruns of conan o'brien (he totally cracks me up!) or some paid tv advertisement like girls gone wild (joke!)

so there, i'll post another update if something more exciting happens to my life like say i get another parking ticket or if my sims gets twins the next time they have a baby. sad, sad life, i know.

No comments: